make time to make.

Monday, November 3, 2008

A few things

1. Space Oddities was featured on the isthmus online last week! The article is HERE if you'd like to read it.

2. My grandmother passed away last week. I gets easier with time, right? I know it's only been a week but now that I'm back in town and the funeral and everything is over I am way more emotional. I wish I wasn't such an emotional person. I feel like I can't function and can't handle anyone asking me about her. I feel wrecked when I think about it.

3. I kept hearing about TWITTER while chatting in the etsy forums. Twitter this, tweet that. I vowed not to even look (just like I wasn't going to join indiepublic or flickr or facebook...) but of course curiousity took over and I checked it out and joined today. If you have also taken the plunge, please, come follow me! I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing yet. But it's apparent that it is quite addictive!

4. I am excited for winter shows! But I have not been motivated to make much. I'm going to try to get back in the groove of making new things this week. Instead of making new stuff I've been trying to clean and organize my house and have been taking pictures for my vintage shop. I listed this vintage french song book over the weekend. It's prettier on the inside. You can see it up close HERE. :)
























5. It's seventy degrees in Wisconsin today.

xo
andrea

4 comments:

Kellybot said...

So sorry about your grandma. I know it's impossible to believe right now, but it does get easier with time. I found comfort in the little ways I could remember my Abuela.
{{{hugs}}}

emily said...

Congrats on the Isthmus article!

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I should have known your sudden out-of-townness wasn't for fun.

The Bookish Life said...

Thanks for your kind words Kelly and Emily! I appreciate it. :)

Stephanie said...

yeah, I'm really sorry about your grandma, too.

:( my grandma is going through some hard stuff right now and it's so hard to be away from her.

big hugs for you. (even though you don't know me and that might make it worse.) :)