make time to make.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

another stab at stamp carving

I have been tearing my house apart for the last few days looking for my favorite bird stamps. I gave up but didn't want to go out and buy more, especially since I have all kind of supplies for stamp making. I busted it all out tonight and tried carving a few birds. None of them turned out quite as I imagined but this one made me happy.






















I made this card with it right away.





















And I'm not giving up yet! My goal is to create at least 3 or 4 pretty bird stamps so I have a fun variety for my cards and other projects. This is a very slow process for me. My guess is that as soon as I finish my last stamp I will magically find the stamps that were missing in the first place.

Right?

Right.

That is how it works, I guess.

xo
andrea

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, cool!

LiPeony said...

practice makes perfect! They look pretty good! I have the craving tools but not the material =/

emily said...

Looks great! And yes, as soon as you finish your last stamp, your pre-made bird will show up. But, you won't like it anymore!