make time to make.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

geeks rule.


Geek-kon is over! Thanks to everyone involved for making it a great event. This was my first time vending at a con and although the location was a little challenging, the fantastic staff and volunteers along with the super nice con attendees made the weekend most awesome. Oh! And I got to meet some supernice people in the vendor room including the ladies from Paw Star, the awesome couple that is Cheap Books by Phil, and my friendly booth neighbor from Screaming Bee.

I felt a little out of my element at first but by the end of the first day I was starting to think that doing more events like these might be right up my alley. The con-goers really seemed to dig my comic book pins and magnets and looooved my husband's designs...especially HELLAS KITTY, which I'll post a picture of soon.













I was invited to do a couple of upcoming cons and I am definitely going to check them out. I think this would be a great venue for my husband and I to collaborate our work. We have to talk more but I think we've decided to make Space Oddities our one big colloborative business instead of having separate things and separate shops. I just think this makes more sense and would be easier.

Oh! One more thing. Geek-kon made CNN on Saturday night! This was all the buzz on late Saturday and most of Sunday at the con. SO exciting for all involved. Apparently the attendance was way more gigantic than was expected and everyone was impressed with this for a first year convention. I guess we can count on a 2nd year!

1 comment:

Athena's Armoury said...

Congratulations on a successful weekend! I keep thinking about doing cons and just haven't gotten it together to give it a shot. Glad to hear you did well!
-Janine