make time to make.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Iron Cupcake Madison: Marshmallow!

My sister-in-law and I baked for Sunday's Iron Cupcake challenge at the High Noon Saloon. The theme was marshmallow and we chose the mallo cup (one of my favorite treats!) as inspiration.

I was happy with our yummy creation. It's a chocolate cupcake with homemade marshmallow creme filling and topped with toasted coconut chocolate ganache. Total chocolate overload!

My camera was on the fritz so the above shot is by Jenny Sligh, one of the other bakers at the event who also happens to be a talented photographer. Thanks Jenny!

I have really been enjoying baking lately and just might take on the next iron cupcake challenge as well. The theme is so unique: children's books! Chad is actually considering being a part of this challenge as well. Although he is not interested in baking like I am, he is interested in the creative possibilities of this theme. We are currently thinking about using Coraline or The Wolves in the Walls, both favorites by Neil Gaiman, as inspiration. Luckily the next Challenge isn't until June so we have some time to think about it and lots of time to practice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to that! It was so much fun! (I even blogged about it http://browniesandzucchini.com/2011/03/14/iron-cupcake-madison-marshmallow/ :) )
Unfortunately I don't like peanut butter, so your cupcake didn't win for me. BUT your chocolate frosting was SOOOO good!!

The Bookish Life said...

Thanks! Ours actually didn't have peanut butter. Just lots of chocolate and marshmallow cream (like a mallo cup!) Great blog!!

Unknown said...

Oops, you're right I was confused about the peanut butter....because there were many others with it. But really, the frosting was delicious! :)