make time to make.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

sweater weather

I think October is my favorite month of the year. I love the sweater weather and leaves crunching under my feet. It's been a beautiful weekend and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season! We have decided to wrap it up at the farmers' market for the year and plan to enjoy some family Saturdays this fall before the busy holiday show season starts.

Last weekend my little man turned six. I can't believe my kiddos are 4 and 6 already. We had an outdoor movie party for him complete with box cars, popcorn, and blankets and warm drinks to keep us cozy on a brisk September night. It was a really nice time. I made these "popcorn" cupcakes for the occasion.

Speaking of cupcakes, the first Iron Cupcake Madison event was on Friday night. I was super excited for this event but ended up coming a little too late to taste/vote. Boo! Next time I will know to show up early. It looks like such a fun event and I'm sure it'll only be more awesome next time!

I'm off to start some black bean soup in the slow cooker and make some corn bread muffins with the little ones. Enjoy your week!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww** I LOVE the cupcakes you made!! Those are too awesome.