make time to make.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

old, new, revamped.

I visited my dad last weekend and picked up this beautiful sewing machine while I was at his place. Isn't it dreamy? It used to be my grandmother's and I am so thrilled that it has been passed on to me. I have been wanting to learn to sew for a long time and have tried my hand at some small projects without much success throughout the years. This time I will be armed with a new (old) machine that inspires me just looking at it. I can't help but imagine the hours and hours that my grandmother spent at this machine. She loved to reupholster furniture and made so many gorgeous things with this lovely piece of equipment over the years. I hope that I can create something nearly as awesome! Thankfully I have a sweet, talented friend who is willing to show me the basics and get started the right way. Thanks Jenny! You rule! I cannot wait for sewing 101.

On to the new! We have been making lots of new goodies to try out at the farmers market lately. These "My Favorite Robot" prints debuted at the market a few weeks ago and have finally been added to our etsy shop. We have used bright, bold colors and fun printed papers to screen print this fun robot print on. I love the results! These framed prints would be so fun in a kid's room!





































I also printed some new shirts this week. Well, the design is an oldie but a goodie. I've just changed up the color scheme a little bit. I love our cupcake shirts but was ready for something other than the "cherry vanilla" pink and white on brown. The new, revamped version of this shirt is called "berry vanilla" and features a new mixup of colors. These shirts are available in our etsy shop now!

Have a great week! If you're in the Madison area, don't forget to visit us at the Dane County Farmers' Market on Saturday! We still have RAD DAD buttons and t-shirts along with lots of other unique gift ideas for father's day (think star wars magnets, lord of the rings inspired prints and robot t-shirts!) that you can pick up while you're downtown!

xo
andrea

No comments: