make time to make.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

When people know you collect junk...


A co-worker who knows that I am crafty e-mailed me awhile back to ask me if I would be interested in a fire hose. I was baffled and intrigued. He said it was a 100ft fire house with a blue and red stripe down the middle. I thought "why not!" thinking it would be a very fun upcycle project. If you look closely you can see markings that say "France 1965." How cool is that!
Well I have had ideas swirling around in my head for months now and still can't quite figure out what this fire hose wants to be. Currently I am thinking that it wants to be a laptop bag for my brother. But I don't have it all figured out yet. Sometimes it takes me weeks or months of dreaming up an idea before I have the right combination of motivation and inspiration to make it happen. It's kind of a inefficent way of working but it's just kind of how I roll. Believe me, this fire hose is not the only gigantic random thing sitting in my basement waiting to discover what it wants to become! The same co-worker also offered me a 30ft roll of beige coloured upholstery type vinyl...I haven't even begun to dream about what I could do with that...

No comments: